Thursday, February 22, 2007

The Reason

My favorite wife, Megan, and I were talking tonight and decided that I needed to start a blog. Now, some people start blogs to express random thoughts about politics, music, and the like. We decided that since I am not much of a talker, maybe Megan could learn a lot about me if I started a blog.

This all started because I have a birthday coming up soon (March 8th in case anybody wants to send gifts). Megan asked me what I wanted and, being fickle, indecisive, and not really wanting anything that we can afford, I said "I don't know." Then we started talking about my favorite things. At that point I realized that I am a Fickle Obsessor. I could go from "who cares" to "how can I get a Master's degree in that" in less than a minute. Off the top of my head, I had Dr. Pepper, Football, and Chargers as favorites. Everything else, I kind of made up. So, to kick things off, and to give my wife some more insight as to what type of man I am, here are some of my top favorites.

Favorite Movie - I don't know
Favorite Song - I don't know
Favorite Food - I don't know
Favorite Place - I don't know
etc.

Frankly, I don't do favorites. I do top fives. So, to be helpful this time around, here are some top fives and a real glimpse into my mind.

Top 5 bands - Alter Bridge, Lincoln Brewster, Building 429, Metallica (older stuff), Rascal Flatts
Top 5 movies - Old School, Willow, Happy Gilmore, Memento, Big Fish (bonus - Hotel Rwanda)
Top 5 hobbies - Golf, play guitar, play football, play basketball, fixing broke stuff
Top 5 foods - Steak, shrimp (preferably, with steak), broccoli madness (at Souplantation), teriyaki short ribs, avocado & tomato & sunflower seed & egg salad with Lite ranch (all are either in my fridge right now or have been eaten in the past week - these favorites could change beginning tomorrow)
Top 5 colors - Kelly green, forest green, maroon, powder blue, and red
Top 5 golf courses played - Torrey Pines South, Shadowridge, Del Mar Country Club, La Costa North, SilverRock
Top 5 golf courses wanting to play - Pebble Beach, Augusta National, Pinehurst #2, Couer D'Alene, Bandon Dunes
Top 5 things I should be doing - Not eating this cookie, working out, sleeping (it's midnight), reading my bible more, eating healthier
Top 5 football teams - Chargers, Toreros, Aztecs, Jaguars, Lancers
Top 5 fantasy guitar wish list - Gibson SG with P-90s, Gibson Les Paul Special, Taylor 414ce guitar, Marshall JCM 800 half stack, Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier half stack
Top 5 fantasy golf wish list - Taylor Made Rac LT irons, Cleveland Hi Bore 8.5 degree driver, Cleveland Hi Bore fairway 3 wood, Titleist Vokey wedges (56 and 60 degree), Taylor Made TP Red golf balls
Top 5 beers - Stone Ruination IPA, Karl Strauss Amber Lager, Samuel Adams Light, my brother Chad's Blackberry home brew, Fat Tire
Top 5 sodas - Dr. Pepper in a bottle, Dr. Pepper in a can, Dr. Pepper in a glass over ice, Dr. Pepper out of a fountain dispenser, Diet Pepsi
Top 5 bible verses - 1 Timothy 6:6,
John 2:14, James 4:6, Galatians 2:20, John 2:10
Top 5 TV shows - Studio 60, 24, The OC (sad that it's over), Everybody Loves Raymond, Crossroads
Top 5 obsessions - Anything golf, finding that get rich quick scheme that doesn't require a whole lot of time and energy and no upfront cost, checking my email (even if I just checked it at 11:00pm, there might be an email that was sent in the last hour), checking my myspace.com page every evening knowing that nobody has sent me a comment, did I say anything golf?
Top 5 things to be thankful for
- Jesus, Megan, Ryan, my job, my townhome

I think this is the most I've actually thought about myself in a while. I might pick it up a little later but that should be a quick rundown of who I am (at least right now).

By the way, I just checked my email again and someone actually sent me a forwarded email!!!!! At 12:15pm nonetheless. I'll probably just delete it without reading it but at least I feel like I have accomplished something (in a non-productive, time-wasting, obsessive compulsive way).

So this is my first post. I'm sure I'll get used to posting little bits at a time without feeling like I need to get everything off my chest but, in due time.

4 comments:

bobby said...

Dude...you're crackin me up! I can't wait to keep reading and laughing. And I love that you put powder blue as a favorite color.

Welcome to the blogoshpere!

bobby said...

PS - Dude...where's the link love?

Rachel said...

yeah - I want some link love too! And glad to have another fun blog to read!

Linda said...

What's wrong with powder blue, it beats kelly green!

Aunt Linda