Thursday, April 2, 2009

Brain Pain

For the record, if you didn't already think I was weird...

I don't why, but the other day I started to think about time. What is time really but just something we use to define our life slipping away. It doesn't stick around and wait for us. It doesn't make a comeback when "times" are tough to be "easy".

It's in a never ending perpetual state of motion because if it wasn't...there would be nothing. Everything takes time. It takes me approximately 5.5 seconds to breathe in and breathe out. If time stopped, where would I get my breaths?

My mind is just starting to go crazy...

What really baffles me is God created the heavens and the earth BEFORE time!!! WHAT??? And for non-believers to think that the universe is infinite...just makes my brain hurt. I have a hard time understanding how a little device about 2 inches wide can keep perfect time. How did the people that thought of these ideas come up with this stuff? But to start thinking universally about the expanse of the "timeless" universe makes me want to cry.

I think I'll just try to wrap my head around how a tree can turn into paper. I think I can handle that one.

4 comments:

Megan said...

What??

Linda said...

You ever thought about life being one big game. Who decided we would all work to earn money to buy things we can't afford? Who decided we would work five days, and rest two? Why not divide it a little more equally. Now on this, I could go on and on. You gotta play the game to survive!

Fickle Obsessor said...

We're supposed to work 6 days and have one day of rest. I think we're just lazy enough as a population to need another day off.

Linda said...

Well, I'm old, so I need another three days off!