Sunday, March 29, 2009

I'm back!!!

At least for a few posts. Timing would have it that I stopped blogging around the time our computer died. Anyway, a little update on our last post.

Most of you know this but we ended up getting a 42" LCD television and HDTV is glorious but WAY underused. We watch so many things on our old school Tivo that we rarely turn on live HD tv. I try to fit in Sportscenter every now and then so I can get my fix of sports and high quality tv, but not even remotely as much as I need to watch it.

Also, I recently purchased a bmx bike off of craigslist to cruise around like a teenager. It's actually a blast to ride one again and it only cost me $20. I had to replace the freewheel so I'm only out $10 extra bucks. I took it for a ride last Saturday out Proctor Valley Road (dirt road a few miles from our place) and rode through the hills above Upper Otay Lakes and down by the dam, and the up Otay Lakes Road back home. Along the way I met up with a 5 foot snake who didn't like me riding so close to him. He struck at me when I went by him, and then again when I went back because the trail just ended. All in all, a good workout and a great time.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad that snake didn't get you but you really pushed your luck when you had to ride past it again. Boy are you brave!! Or.......