Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Golf!!!

After reading Travis' blog about the US Open coming to Torrey Pines, and going to the Buick Invitational last weekend, I've got the itch to get out and start playing more golf. I haven't played since I got waxed by my buddy Snider on New Years Eve so I probably need to practice a little, too!

Fortunately, I have a couple of opportunities for free golf (apparently weekly at the San Diego Country Club, basically anytime at Chula Vista Golf Course, and a free round coming at Riverwalk...also occasionally free at the Auld), plus I have a resident card for Torrey Pines so I like to play there a lot, too (Travis, hit me up before you come into San Diego next time and I can let you know how to get a resident card!!!)

Anyway, watching the pros hit made me think about what I need to work on in my game. On the first hole of the South Course, I watched 15 pros tee off (including Mickelson's group), and more than half of them hit into the fairway bunker. Only about 3 or 4 pros hit the fairway. But where they make their money is around the green. Watching even the no name pros, they all seem to hit the ball right at the hole! Unfortunately, I would be in the bunker, plus not hit it anywhere near the hole so I got some work to go. But...I will be there someday. I just got to start playing some golf!!!

1 comments:

The Early Family said...

They are moving the tee box so they will have to clear tne canyon. It looks to be way over to the right if you are looking at the tee box from the fairway, they will have to take a drit path to get to it. The tee shot will land just about where the fairway starts, the lay up will be to the valley (or dip) before the green making it a blind shot to the flag.