Monday, September 22, 2008

New Toys

After listening to a recording that Steve made of a service, I realized that I wanted to get a Les Paul style guitar to get more of a low end out of my sound. So, I rounded up some equipment to sell and raised enough money to get this Agile guitar.



For a pretty inexpensive guitar, it sounds, feels, and plays great. It's a perfect compliment to my other guitar, my 1977 Strat.



Then after reading Bobby's blog about his triathlon, I decided it was time I start getting back into shape (it's been quite a while) and get ready for me to do a triathlon. My current bike was a Mongoose mountain bike which rides real slow, is real heavy, I can't get the brakes to stop rubbing against the tires, and now can't get the front dérailleur to shift into the second gear (it goes from the 1st gear to the 3rd gear). Needless to say, I felt the need to get a different bike that I could actually put miles on.

I initially wanted to get a hybrid bike (kind of like a mountain bike with skinnier tires for the road). The one I was really looking at was new and was $489. I wanted to get the tri-bars to let me lean over, so that would've been another $30 for a used pair. Even with this one, I wouldn't be speeding real fast on any tracks.

So checking out Craigslist, I found this tri-bike that looked really cool. Most of the tri-bikes on there are around $900+ but this one was listed at $450. It looked a lot different that most bikes I've ever seen so I did a little research on it to see if it was legit. I went to check it out and it was in great shape and came with some extra goodies. It had a computer already on it (I will have to get an in-service training from Bobby about this one), the guy gave me an extra tire, the pedals on it are about $150 (I took them off for now until I get bike shoes), and the spokes on the wheels are aerodynamic. This bike is much more than I need right now, but it will work out perfect for me to train and to start racing (actually I'm hoping to finish, so calling it racing may be a stretch).

1 comments:

bobby said...

Dude, bike looks sweet! I'm jealous.

Looks like I'll have to get down there for this tri in April: http://tinyurl.com/3u8maw