Sunday, June 24, 2007

Today, We Rock!!!

Today was quite a day. We had the Surfari's come play at our church. If you're wondering who the Surfari's are, they wrote Wipeout. I'm sure they did a few other songs too but it's 60's surf music, so they're pretty cool.

I wanted to help out Steve and get there as early as possible. But since we stayed out until 1:00am last night, I made it by 6:30am. The Surfari's played outside in the pavilion so there was a lot of setting up to do. I tried to help out Steve as much as I could but I was fairly worthless. I basically ended up looking for extension cords and finding out how many outlets we can plug into. I was also a little worried about where I would plug my stuff into and where I would set up but everything worked out great.

One thing about having a concert is it's LOUD. Since their set was loud, we got to play a lot louder than normal, too!!! I finally got to turn my amp up past "2" and hit "3". I'm hoping we can continue this trend for next week. Everything sounded great. I also had to sing this morning and being out late, while having a few beers, didn't help my voice. That coupled with not having any stage monitors made it a little difficult but it was all about just worshipping and rockin' out!!!

Anyway, it was fun. Here were the songs that we did this morning.

Majestic
Love The Lord
Everyday

I know this isn't much of an interesting post, but I'm not really that interesting.

0 comments: